What I came up with is this Queen Anne chair. I got the plan from the book I bought last year although I followed it only partially. I didn't make tenon joint but I jointed the whole chair with pegs. How can you get so tiny pegs? Well, you sand down a toothpick of course!
Although it still has many flaws and isn't complete yet I am so very proud of this chair. It is by far the most detailed piece I've made. It took me quite some time to figure everything out but I think that the second one should be easier to make since I know where I made mistakes with this one. I heard somewhere that if you know of one way how not to do/make something you're one step closer to knowing how to do it properly (or something along those lines).
As far as a first attempt at this style goes I think it turned out great. I was afraid that it wouldn't go together properly and was completely thrilled when it did! That feeling when you put everything together and you see that it's going to work..... it just makes all the trial and error worth it!
I would love to hear what you think! It's still not finished of course but it already has the general shape. I'm not sure if I'll be able to put on the brackets on either side of the legs. Perhaps I should have made them before I glued everything together, but I was just too excited to see if it would turn out as it should. I will try to add them to this one but if not the next one will definitely have them. And next time there will be more pictures of the process and hopefully of this one finished. I already have the cabriole legs for three more chairs so I'll be able to take lots of photos!
Until next time!