October 9, 2013

Daily Prophet

Today I decided I needed a break from furniture. I always had the idea for making my own Daily Prophet on my to do list. Last evening I spent a few hours searching for things to put on the first page and deciding how to arrange everything. Although this is a first try I am very pleased with it. It's not an exact replica of the Daily Prophets found in the movies but I like it anyway. Now I can add to the list of things to make during the colder months when it won't be possible for me to make minis outside and I will need relatively dust free projects - making this newspaper was fun, will have to come up with some other versions of it.


The full front page I made. Although it's not much to show for 3 hours worth of work in designing it I like how it turned out. 

A stack that would be perfect in Flourish and Blotts..... I made most of the papers folded and I have quite a few more..... anyone interested in a trade, hehehe.

And now my poor sculpting skills..... this mouse is so tiny I had to sculpt him on a 1 cent coin. In general I like how he turned out considering how small he is. In person he looks a lot better but the camera captures all the small imperfections since he's a few times bigger in the pictures. I think my camera is too good for taking shots of my poor clay creations, hehehe. I do have to colour the eyes black though. Perhaps I should buy some seed beads next time I go to the craft store and use those for eyes.... any other suggestions perhaps?

I just love this little one trying to crawl into the newspaper :) and best of all, no need to sculpt the whole mouse!

I do like how he turned out although he's not exactly realistic.... and way too big for 1/12 scale. But who says a witch can't have bigger mice, right?

I hope you all enjoyed reading about something other than my furniture.... I feel like all I've been making for the past couple of months (with the summer-long break) is furniture..... so it's been fun to make something else and not needing a plan and measuring everything three times.

Until next time!

*Poof*


3 comments:

  1. These are awesome! The papers turned out great, wonderful detail!

    And your mouse is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are great!!! I wish I had your skill, would love some like this for my Harry Potter world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The newspapers are fantastic; great work.
    I really like the mouse in the newspaper.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete