July 15, 2013

Antique chaise lounge part 1

Since yesterday was Sunday and we decided we weren't going to be doing anything around the house I finally got the time to start a new project.

I've wanted to do something like this for ages but haven't worked up the nerve to try it until now. Even now I can't be sure it's going to turn out the way I want it to, or turn out like anything at all.... but if I don't try I'll never know, right?

Since I've decided to make an antique chaise lounge I first had to come up with the design. This was mostly winging it and combining things from several different inspirational photos. After that came the cutting part.



The back and the front sides. Here you can see how this should turn out.... should being the operative word...

I also have the legs cut, all four of them. These are very small and so I've decided to leave them attached to the block they were cut from, making it easier for me to hold them while shaping them with my rotary tool. 

I still need to design the front part, plus cut the rest of the back and sides. At least I cut most of the pieces that will be visible after upholstering. The rest don't have to be as neat as they won't be seen anyway. Now I'll have to sand everything since you can clearly see that no sandpaper has touched this wood yet, hahaha. Hopefully I'll be able to continue this soon.

Oh, and I wanted to show the supervisor for the house renovations....

Nothing to add here really.... :D


Until next time!

*Poof*

4 comments: