June 23, 2013

Miniature top hat

2 weeks without minis!!! There were a lot of moments when I looked over to my table and almost sat down and started making minis. But I resisted the temptation! Hooray! 

I was very busy these past couple of weeks. I started working more, not to mention the horrible heat wave we had this week. Also we decided to do some major repair to our house and since my dad can do most of it himself we are all helping him with that. Of course on top of that there's my thesis.... Ok, I won't bore you any longer but I did get a chance for a quick project today. It's Sunday after all and everyone needs a break so after finishing what I could on my thesis I decided to treat myself to some mini-ing :)

I was also wondering if it's a curse that you feel the most inspired when you don't have any time left for minis? 

Ok, my little project was this top hat. I decided to keep the decorations to a minimum since this was just a prototype. I wanted to see how it would turn out. I'm semi satisfied with it, I think the top could be better but I will have to work out another technique for it. 

You can see the top isn't perfect although I'm not sure how else I could make this.

The little feather and rose work great and I think it doesn't need any other decorations. Perhaps I will try a steampunk version next time :)

Oh, and just for fun, I wanted to show you what I brought home from my walk in the forest today :) I decided to see if the wild blueberries were ready for picking and I did manage to get some. 


Mmmmm.... they're delicious!

Well, I hope to be finished with my thesis soon and then at least I'll get a bit more time for minis. I was thinking of making an apothecary or potion shop since I have quite a few potions now and some bottles left to fill. But I will need to make a lot of potion bottles from Fimo also. 
I did get a few blocks of Sculpey, which will be perfect for mini bottles and witchy accessories like unicorn horns and such. Perhaps a wand or two? We'll see.....

Until next time!

*Poof*


3 comments:

  1. The hat is great...You could also make a Mad Hatter version. IndyPoppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hat is so cute.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Illyria,
    Your miniatures are awesome. Love the top hat!
    Great job.
    Many hugs and kisses, conny

    ReplyDelete